Friday, September 29
Cosmic Fury
at 3am ET/12am PT
on Netflix

Main Menu

Power Rangers RPM

Started by CanadianK, January 30, 2009, 05:20:02 PM

CanadianK

I was wondering when/if Power Rangers RPM would be premiering on Disney XD. I haven't seem any promos for it on toon Disney.

nick321

Quote from: CanadianKI was wondering when/if Power Rangers RPM would be premiering on Disney XD. I haven't seem any promos for it on toon Disney.

RPM will not be airing on Disney XD as of now.  It will air only on ABC Kids, starting Saturday, March 7 at 12pm Eastern (check your local ABC channel for air times, since a lot of them change the time stuff airs).

KyL416

Yep, ABC Kids exclusive. Disney didn't even want to do another season until Jetix Europe offered to co-produce it, lol.

Ron_Who?

^Really? I suppose we all should thank Jetix Europe then, huh?

CanadianK

So there will be no Power Ranger series on Disney XD?

KyL416

CanadianK

I just read an article in The New York Post that said Disney ceased production of Power Rangers and no more new episodes would be produced.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03102009/tv/lights_out_for_power_rangers_158807.htm
If this is true what does that mean for the episodes that have already been produced for this season and the rest of the unproduced season?

KyL416

Production will cease after RPM is done, RPM will be the last season. Most of the filming for the entire season is done already, it's just post production stuff.

CanadianK

What were the reason/reasons for Disney cancelling it? With Jetix europe coproducing it this season theres no chance of them or other companies producing other seasons without Disney producing? I guess they would pay royalties though.

KyL416

Jetix Europe is now 100% owned by Disney. And there's no chance of anyone else offering to produce it.